Angelica Del Rio

Angelica Del Rio

by Angelica Del Rio -
Number of replies: 2
There are so many resources available regarding technology; it can be challenging to implement technology when you have limited resources in class. Many of these resources shared by professor Ewards can be very useful and add joy factor to students. Many students love using technology, and if we can integrate technology into our lessons, then I can't imagine the learning impact. I also learned through the zoom conversations that implementing technology in the classroom takes time to learn. With practice and systems put into place, students can access many online resources. Professor Edward mentioned that when he taught science, he did not teach science in the first two weeks. He taught systems and procedures that would allow his students to be successful for the rest of the year.  He showed students specific steps like turning in an assignment and many other systems so students would not stumble into technology issues later that year. This conversation stuck with me the most because I have younger grade students, and they need procedures to be scaffold so they can follow. I want to integrate technology, but for my students to successful, I need to place systems and routines so we can implement technology in our lessons.  

In reply to Angelica Del Rio

Re: Angelica Del Rio

by Sonja Downing -

Hi Angelica,

Limited resources in the classroom are definitely prohibitive and challenging. The good thing is that these days most individuals have a smartphone or some form of technology available to them. Now that being said there are those that don't have anything and those individuals would be at a digital disadvantage. That needs to be determined at the beginning so that we can be aware of what they will and will not have access to inside and outside of the classroom.

Have a great day,

Sonja

In reply to Angelica Del Rio

Re: Angelica Del Rio

by Coach Aba -
Angelica,

Oh, that is brilliant! I must have missed that part of the lesson when he talked about teaching systems and procedures first, before curriculum. I'm glad you mentioned it; it is a crucial bit of information to contribute to a successful year. In addition, many students probably need regular reinforcement of those systems and procedures from the beginning of year, all through the year as well. I know I don't remember everything from 6 months ago! ;)

-Heather