Harris, Garry

Harris, Garry

by Garry Harris -
Number of replies: 4

The end of the school was very interesting for me. After talking a few months off for medical reasons, I returned back to work in the beginning of April, to a brand new work site. I was only in this new classroom for about 14 days before distance learning began.

Going to distance learning was great for me. I was able to be work from home as well as help my pregnant wife out with our 7 year old son, 11 month old daughter. We now have three kids and it will be more difficult for me to return to work next school year. 

The challenge for me was creating lessons for students who I barely knew. The classroom was mismanaged before I got there, but I was able to make it work. I will miss the class, though I was only there for only three weeks. 

In reply to Garry Harris

Re: Harris, Garry

by Sonja Downing -

Hi Garry,

Wow, you have your hands full! Working from home is awesome I really enjoy working remotely but it does take a certain level of self-discipline that not everyone has. However, when you are a busy person like you or me it is just a liberating tool!

I have two young people one is 28 and the other is 17 so I'm almost seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes

Sonja

In reply to Garry Harris

by Amber Gutierrez -

Hi Garry,

I agree with you! Distant learning was quite an experience, but was very grateful for your help while being able to work from home and help around the house. You did a great job with distant learning, the children seemed very engaged along with the parents also. I am sure you will also be highly missed! 

In reply to Garry Harris

by Daniel Kazakos -

Congratulations on your new baby!  I  am glad to hear that things went well for you on the distance learning side. I share your challenges in creating lessons for student that you hardly know.  I was in the same boat as I added to my caseload by a few students the week that our schools closed.  It was very difficult!  We made it through, though.  

In reply to Garry Harris

by kevin Hernandez -

Hello Gary, I could only imagine the challenge of having to come up with distant learning material with a new caseload of students that you aren't familiar with. Glad you were able to make it work!