Harris, Amber

Harris, Amber

by Amber Gutierrez -
Number of replies: 2

My experience during Distance Learning was quite pleasant. I was actually on maternity leave when this order was taken into place. However, my seven year old son had to quickly adapt to this new way of learning. It was difficult at times to get my son to work on the packet that was given to him due to many distractions he would have here at home. For example, he was very eager to play his video games and play with his baby sister. He had to adapt pretty quickly. 

When it comes to returning back to school, I won't be sending my son to campus. I will continue the distant learning, as I truly fear for him being exposed to the virus. I also would prefer teaching online because I feel it's just the most safest thing to do at this point. 

In reply to Amber Gutierrez

Re: Discussion #1

by Garry Harris -

Congratulations on the new baby!!! I’m sure your husband is very helpful. (That’s me Haha !!!)Yes your son gets distracted easily, like his father. (Also me) ? I agree not to send our son back to school. We can teach him what he needs to know. 

In reply to Amber Gutierrez

Re: Harris, Amber

by Daniel Kazakos -

Congratulations on your new baby!! I hope you and baby are doing well!   I know how exhausting new babies and siblings AND husbands can be (lol!).  Make sure to take time to take care of yourself! I'm glad to hear that distance learning went well for you!  My husband and I are discussing keeping our children home and not sending them when schools open back up.  I know the challenges of kids getting distracted at home.  My boys love to play video games too, but they know school work comes first.