Jensen, Dana; Discussion 1

Jensen, Dana; Discussion 1

by Dana Jensen -
Number of replies: 1

One of the most challenging aspect of distance learning was figuring out how to incorporate SEL curriculum into Distance Learning. This was one of the lessons we came up with the themes were self-awareness, compassion for others, and self-compassion. Students were to click on the link and view the video of the story The Present by Jacob Frey. 

https://www.literacyshed.com/the-present.html

When they finished watching the video they were to answer the following questions. Why do you think the boy feels the way he does about the dog? What can the boy learn from the puppy?
They were encouraged to discuss the story with their peers. 

I regard to returning to school in the fall, I personally think we should listen to the recommendations of the medical professionals and facts. If that means we start the year through Distance Learning it is imperative that we provide a warm, positive, and supportive learning environment.

In reply to Dana Jensen

Re: Jensen, Dana; Discussion 1

by Coach Aba -
Hi Dana,

Thanks for sharing that video, it was adorable with a great message and made me tear up! That is material I would definitely use! Are you currently a teacher?

Yes I agree that it is imperative to deliver DL with warmth, support, and SEL. Being in front of the computer can be a pretty dry and and not very engaging, or, in can be interesting, interactive, and meaningful. Its an interesting new journey to figure out how to make that happen. 

I'm glad you're a part of this journey!

-Heather