Jensen, Dana Discussion 2

Jensen, Dana Discussion 2

by Dana Jensen -
Number of replies: 2

The Portal.mcoe.org filled me with enthusiastic interest. The California State Library Resources are fantastic! ProQuest Central Student offers scholarly and peer-reviewed journals for research. I'm so tired of saying, "Wiki is icky" for research papers. ProQuest SRIS addresses leading trending social issues for classroom discourse. It covers viewpoints, critical questions, and timelines on issues like police brutality, LGBTQ discrimination, social media, and the Coronavirus. Love it! TeachingBooks.net is like a gift to me. I've spent countless hours searching for an audiobook of, constructing activities, questions, and vocabulary lists to accompany the books we are reading in class. TeachingBooks.net offers all of this and more. It's a priceless timesaver. 

In reply to Dana Jensen

Re: Jensen, Dana Discussion 2

by Sonja Downing -

Hi Dana,

I liked your choices as they will be awesome in helping kids with dyslexia and other sensory disorders that make visually reading the material more difficult. Recently I have had a blind student they could see some things but not much they relied on assistive technology like ZoomText that will zoom in to a certain spot on the screen to make it readable and Jaws which reads text from the image or computer screen.

have a nice night,

Sonja

In reply to Dana Jensen

Re: Jensen, Dana Discussion 2

by Angelica Del Rio -

Hello Dana, 

I am also excited about the portal and all the resources it provides. I am glad there are many electronic books students can access, and the best part is many books have audio. I am so happy this portal will help with your student's research projects as well as the audiobooks.