Lizett Andrade

Lizett Andrade

by Lizett Andrade -
Number of replies: 2

What was your experience with Distance Learning during the "Stay In Place" order?  What are your thoughts on returning back to school in the fall? 

My Experience during Distance Learning was seeing the difficulty the teacher encountered to make sure all students were staying on task. I was able to see and hear my daughter's 4th grade teacher talk to a group of students through Google Meet app. She helped them through the homework links and made sure they understood how to access it. It looked and sounded frustrating at times.

My thoughts on returning to school in the Fall are more concerning on the health risk and classroom adjustments. I'm worried about the anxiety students will feel and how staff can effectively teach and keep students at grade level. 

In reply to Lizett Andrade

Re: Lizett Andrade

by yazmin plascencia -

Hello Lizett, I also joined my son's third grade google class meets and can see how difficult it was for the teachers. I noticed the students would get caught up on small talk or get distracted with their surroundings. I also noticed that not all his classmates would join.  I also agree with you about returning in fall , how can we as teachers support our students to ease their anxiety? It will be an interesting year if we do return in fall. 

In reply to Lizett Andrade

Re: Lizett Andrade

by Tiffany Pedraza -
I agree with you on the concern for health risk and classroom adjustments.  How do you keep students focused if it is going to be required of them to wear a mask or not allow them to be closer than 6ft. from their classmates.  Having to enforce strict health guidelines that students are not accustomed to is going to cause a distraction away from learning time.