Plascencia, Yazmin

Plascencia, Yazmin

by yazmin plascencia -
Number of replies: 3
My experience with Distance Learning was terrible. I was a 1:1 aide with a student with behavioral problems. I often joined the Sped Teacher with individual  google meets. Most of the time my student was everywhere. He would constantly leave the computer, run around his house, bang on the Chromebook, and  to top it off his caregiver did not know how to use a Chromebook.  We often were caught up on teaching the caregiver and not our student. I feel that we should return in fall especially for students who have no structure at home. I'm from a community where 90% of our students come from parents who work in agriculture and are often in the care of their older siblings. 
In reply to yazmin plascencia

Re: Plascencia, Yazmin

by John Martinez -

It's very unfortunate for students with special needs and for the educators that care so much for them. It's heart breaking to see your students struggle to get work done by themselves through a computer screen. 

by Angelica Del Rio -

Wow, I am sorry to hear Distance Learning was not as successful for your students. I think it would be helpful to teach students a little more about technology. I also believe the clever portal I mentioned in the zoom could help with login issues and parents so they do not have to struggle as much. With clever kids and parents can use badges to log on and just click on the apps. Students can work on the apps at their own pace which is also convenient.  

by Coach Aba -

Oh geez! What an introduction to DL! It's been a rough start and it will take awhile for DL to get figured out. I'm sure this student will have an easier time next semester, and it will be interesting to see what we can work out for the special populations. 

Good job getting through this Yazmin! We probably learn the most in the hardest challenges. 

-Heather