Angelica Del Rio

Angelica Del Rio

by Angelica Del Rio -
Number of replies: 2
My experience with Distance Learning was difficult since there was so much uncertainty at the beginning. Parents wanted answers and we were trying to figure out how we would continue teaching kids their goals. Fortunately, with the help of the classroom aids, we were able to create packets for students and scheduled 1:1 google hangouts to continue their goals. For some students google hangouts work very well for others they had a hard time participating but not because students could not focus more because parents were trying to figure out their own schedules and work. 

I am very excited to go back to class in the Fall. I miss working hands-on with students. I know some parents are scared for their kids to come back but the majority are ready to be in a traditional classroom. I just have to wait and see how things progress from now to August. 
In reply to Angelica Del Rio

Re: Angelica Del Rio

by Coach Aba -

Hi Angelica, 

Yes everyone I know would prefer to get back to school! 

That's great that the students responded well to the 1:1 hangouts to work on their goals. Once we are home it is more challenging to line up schedules, have good wifi, and turn off distractions. It's funny that it wasn't the students who had trouble but it was complications with the parents! It seems like you have a good relationship with your students and their families. 

We want answers on so many levels and nobody gets to have clear answers yet! At least we are all in the same boat about that. 

-Heather

In reply to Angelica Del Rio

Re: Angelica Del Rio

by kevin Hernandez -

I feel you on that with parents demanding answers, with us being the first point of contact with parents. I too look forward to going back to a classroom setting. There is too many variables with distant learning that can impact its success.